CUSTOMIZE THE STATUS MACROS

Zineb BAZOUN July 2, 2024

Hello,

I'm currently creating a template in Confluence for my team's use.

At the top of the page, I've included a Page Properties table where I have a 'Status' column. This column is intended to be filled with a predefined list of choices (Draft, In Progress, To Review, Ready).

However, when I use '/status', I only see different colors, and the reporter can input any status they want.

image.png

I need to enforce that the reporter selects one of the status options from the list.

3 answers

2 votes
Dmitriy Panyukov _Stiltsoft_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2024

Hi @Zineb BAZOUN ,

This functionality is yet to be introduced in Confluence. To utilize dropdowns in Page Properties table today, I suggest trying out our app - Handy Macros for Confluence.

Using our app you can structure workflow with status dropdowns and keep your Confluence pages consistent and organized with the ability to:

• Create unlimited customized status sets
  • Switch statuses directly in the view mode
  • Link statuses to page labels for quick search
  • Quickly update the Page Properties and Page Properties Reports
  • Ensure status consistency across Confluence tables and pages
  • and many more

image (32).png

For your specific case, you will be able to create status sets to be used inside Page Properties macro as well as synchronize those statuses with the labels to create Page Properties Reports.

We have a blog post covering this and other Confluence tips and tricks with statuses.

You can try the Handy Macros for Confluence app on the Atlassian Marketplace for free to see if it works for you.

Have a good day!

Kind regards,

Dmitriy

1 vote
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

Hello @Zineb BAZOUN ~ you will need to create a variable in your template for this.  Ref:  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-template/#Variables 

Hello @Laurie Sciutti 

Thanks for your quick reply,

I don't think this is exactly what I'm looking for. Using variables won't allow me to maintain the colored status list.

What I'm aiming for is a concept similar to when we create a new page and have a status button. Clicking on it would provide a dropdown list with suggested status options

image.png

I want to have this possibilty when i add /status macros into my table

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Zineb BAZOUN ~ I don't believe this is possible OOB.  Several other posts have recommended add-ons such as Handy Macros for Confluence and Easy Dropdown Menu

Ok i see! thanks a lot for your reply,

Best regards!

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
0 votes

Hello @Laurie Sciutti 

Thanks for your quick reply,

I don't think this is exactly what I'm looking for. Using variables won't allow me to maintain the colored status list.

What I'm aiming for is a concept similar to when we create a new page and have a status button. Clicking on it would provide a dropdown list with suggested status options

I want to have this possibilty when i add /status macros into my table

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events