GOAL: How does one connect to the database, for a stand-alone Confluence v3.5.5 instance ?
I see a lot of people offering that we , ... connect to the Confluence DB, and execute SQL ... , for various purposes.
* Where: When you look at the attached architectural diagram ... where is the DB , in this filesystem ? (It does not appear to be under /home/confluence ).
* Connection String: Where is the connection string we can use ? Where , under /home/confluence ?
Thanks in advance for helping ?
By external Database they mean to install one of the major databases that confluence supports and configure the application to use it. You can check the supported databases in the supported platforms.
In order to use a external database:
1) You must install in on your server by downloading in the vendor website.
2) Configure it and create the database schema and username to access that schema.
3) Install confluence and point it to the database connection URL (which will be presented to you when you install the database)
By doing these steps you'll have a confluence working with an external database.
If you'd like to migrate your current confluence data to the new one, I recommend to create a XML backup and import into the new version (the source and target must be of the same version).
I attended Atlassian Summit 2019 and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events