It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

CONF: How does one "connect to the database", for a stand-alone Confluence v3.5.5 instance ?

GOAL: How does one connect to the database, for a stand-alone Confluence v3.5.5 instance ?

BACKGROUND:

I see a lot of people offering that we , ... connect to the Confluence DB, and execute SQL ... , for various purposes.

* Where: When you look at the attached architectural diagram ... where is the DB , in this filesystem ? (It does not appear to be under /home/confluence ).

* Connection String: Where is the connection string we can use ? Where , under /home/confluence ?

Thanks in advance for helping ?

1 answer

1 vote
Rodrigo Adami Atlassian Team Nov 11, 2014

Hi there,

By external Database they mean to install one of the major databases that confluence supports and configure the application to use it. You can check the supported databases in the supported platforms.

In order to use a external database:

1) You must install in on your server by downloading in the vendor website.

2) Configure it and create the database schema and username to access that schema.

3) Install confluence and point it to the database connection URL (which will be presented to you when you install the database)

By doing these steps you'll have a confluence working with an external database.

If you'd like to migrate your current confluence data to the new one, I recommend to create a XML backup and import into the new version (the source and target must be of the same version).

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,481 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you