Buttons messed up with language pack

CM March 11, 2014

Hello,
I have installed my language pack for my native language, Norwegian, to Confluence. I did download the file from https://translations.atlassian.com.

The problem is that some buttons turned up pretty messy, it looks like it is also showing the key for the button. This problem is only in Norwegian. If i try to change to English og German or something else the button looks fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CM March 11, 2014

OK, Jacek- I have fixed this now.

It was a browser specific problem (Google Chrome). Everything looked fine in other browser and from other users. But in Chrome the problem was still there, no matter who I logged in as. But in inkognito mode everything was fine. So when i cleared the cashe it turned back to normal.

I have recently installed InProduct translation for Confluence (great product!), so I guess that's what made the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

You are welcome. I'm glad it works fine now.

Cheers,
Jacek

0 votes
CM March 11, 2014

OK, Jacek- I have fixed this now.

It was a browser specific problem (Google Chrome). Everything looked fine in other browser and from other users. But in Chrome the problem was still there, no matter who I logged in as. But in inkognito mode everything was fine. So when i cleared the cashe it turned back to normal.

I have recently installed InProduct translation for Confluence (great product!), so I guess that's what made the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Hmm. No success to reproduce it on my side.

• Have you by any chance enabled i18n mode in Confluence with "i18ntranslate=on" param added to url recently?
  • Is the issue visible to other users?

Cheers,
Jacek

0 votes
CM March 11, 2014

Yes, except when I edit blogs. I use RefinedWiki and I guess they have their own setup.

There are also bugs when editing macros.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

Let me try to reproduce it locally first.

Does the problem with edit button occur when you try to edit any page?

0 votes
CM March 11, 2014

Hello Jacek,
Thank you for your reply.

I now use Confluence 5.4.3. I updated from 5.2.5 yesterday. To be honest I am not sure if the error accrued before the update, because I just recently installed the language pack.

First I installed the Confluence-5.2.5-language-pack-no_NO.jar. After I discovered the problems I tried to upgrade to Confluence-5.4.3-language-pack-no_NO.jar, but that didn't help.

If you can't reproduce the issue and want team viewer access that is no problem for me. Just let me know.

Thanks.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

Hello Christian,

I cannot reproduce the issue on my side. Can you let me know your Confluence version and what version of the language pack you have downloaded?

Cheers,
Jacek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events