Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk delete of watches for a user in Confluence

Neeraj Tiwari September 25, 2012

One of the users in Confluence has too many page watched since he has notifications for 1729 unique pages and hence loading the list of pages he watches is taking a while for him.

I found a solution online here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/33993/bulk-unwatch-pages?page=1#90305. Just wanted to check whether droping the notification entries for the user from confadmin database (using the query given by Christian) is a safe way or not and should I proceed with that...

Also, is it necessary to stop Confluence before the db edit and perform indexing after the db edit?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

the query looks good to me but you should *always* have a DB backup before you do do any modifications, just in case something goes horribly wrong.

It's also advisable to stop confluence to make the changes & starts afterwards. You could flush the caches (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Changing+Content+Directly+via+SQL) but I prefer a restart, it's a lot cleaner

You don't need to reindex for something like this.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

BTW do it in the DEV/TEST environment first ;-)

Neeraj Tiwari October 10, 2012

thanks for your help...for some reason I never received an email saying I got an answer...I thought I automatically "watch" a question that I posted here?

0 votes
chang.lee September 6, 2018

Hi there, is there a way to mass delete users in Confluence? Or an add-on for mass deletion like the one for Jira? 

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

Hi,

Please submit an new question for this topic.

Martin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events