Bulk article import to Confluence Knowledge Base

Antoni Calak June 10, 2014

Hi there,

I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried to perform the mass import action? I need to transfer all my articles from phpkb to Confluence and I'm tryuing to figure out how to do this with at least effort. I can buy an add-on to phpkb that will let me to transfer ALL articles to one .doc file. Is there any way that Confluence will separate those articles, create a space for each one and add a proper title? I think it needs writing some script, although I just want to make sure if there's no simple way :)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2014

Hello Antoni, there are a number of ways to import content into Confluence, a good start is looking at the Import Content Into Confluence page. Confluence can import Word documents as detailed here now if you are looking into a way to automate the process and need Expert assistance you may consider also contacting the guys from the UWC, since they have broad experience in the area.

Hope this helps!

Antoni Calak February 19, 2015

It turned out that all these features are useless in a face of terribly formatted phpKB. I had do make it all manually because all import/export approaches caused articles to look just ugly. Anyway, thanks for your response :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events