Built in confluence archive space function non operational

George Meyer April 23, 2013

Hi

I just upgraded confluence to 4.3.7, and was looking at the built in archive space feature but it doesn't seem to do anything.

When i change the status of a space to archived and save it, it doesn't disappear from the dashboard and in fact seems pretty much unchanged. Has anyone seen this before? Am i missing something? No log errors that i can see

Thanks in advance

George Meyer

4 answers

2 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hi George,

I just ran this test locally and on my instance the space no longer appears on the dashboard after archiving it. As a test, I would suggest you run through these steps after setting the space to archived:

* Navigate to Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics

** Click flush all

* Navigate to Confluence Admin > Content Indexing

** Rebuild the index

Hope that helps!
George Meyer May 6, 2013

Hi Ryan

Did as you suggested, and no change. Archived Spaces are still visible in the dashboard. Any other possible suggestions?

0 votes
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Custom layouts can affect the display of archived spaces on the dashboard. If you have any in place, disable them to see if that resolves your issue.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Vineetha September 10, 2013

We are also facing the same issue , confluence 4.3.7 upgraded from 3.5 - Any updates on this one ? George, were you able to archive successfully ?

Thanks

0 votes
George Meyer May 13, 2013

I am guessing no one has an idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events