Bug: editing and publishing pages in Confluence App

Jasmyn Loven March 8, 2024

Several instances where I get an error loading the page as well as editing and publishing being disabled. This has happened in multiple spaces on multiple pages.  

This started last week 2/29/24 and is still an issue this week. 

I have tried: 

• Closed and reopened the app 
  • Updating app (none at this time)
  • Signing out and signed back in
  • Restarting device

Capture.PNG

The only way I have figured out is to close the page and reopen it several times until it works or just try again at a later time - this has been unreliable -which has led me to use another app to take notes, but unfortunately my coworkers cannot see my notes. I hope this will get resolved soon. 

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2024

Hi @Jasmyn Loven do you know if you have the latest version of the application?  Do others have the same issue that you get?  Do you know if there's a difference between a phone running Android versus iOS?  You don't mention what kind of phone you're using.  

I took a look at Atlassian's Jira Site and didn't see anything specific.  

I didn't have issues editing pages with my app.  

If there's a pattern, I'd suggest opening a ticket with Atlassian Support and have them weigh in on it. 

Hope this helps.

Jasmyn Loven March 11, 2024

Hi @Dan Breyen

Appreciate your reply. Great questions!

I am using an iPhone running 17.3.1 iOS (I'll try updating to the latest iOS (17.4) -maybe that will solve it). When I go into the App Store there are no updates that show up for the Confluence App and the version I have is 3.64.2.0.420.  So far I am the only one that I know of that is having this issue.

Lastly, I tried to use the Atlassian Support, but because the company that I work for is on the free plan I cannot get direct support. 

Thanks for your help!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2024

If you have a workflow that can cause the issue to happen, I'm willing to test in my instance on my phone.  I'm pretty sure you can get to Atlassian's Jira site with that link I provided.  You should be able to search there for anything related.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events