Breadcrumbs not displaying in Confluence 3.5.5 after custom header image added.

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement May 15, 2012

We use a custom background in the header of our wikis for branding purposes but when we do we experience the loss of the breadcrumbs in IE 8 and 9. The code we use to display the background is below and screenshots are attached.

I have isolated the offending CSS to the {{height: 55px;}} line in the custom style sheet that provides the go/wikis header image. Removing height fixes the issue though it means the header image is not correctly displayed.

{code}
#header {
background: url('http://wikis.rim.net/download/attachments/80217934/header.jpg') no-repeat right black;
height: 55px;
}
.sectionbottom {
border-bottom-color: #6d1b19;
}
{code}

2 answers

0 votes
IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement May 16, 2012

David,

I'll add a screen shot but from a code perspective if you add the above to your global style sheet under Look and Feel in the Confluence Admin menus you should see the same behavior. Obviously change the image URL to something that will work.

From what I can tell if I remove the height CSS it will display the breadcrumbs though it does not work with the branding we have applied. This only applies in IE8 and IE9 as it displays correctly in FireFox, Chrome, and Safari.

So there is something to how IE interprets the height CSS.

Regards,

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2012

Try giving us an annotated screenshot of what's happening. Having said that, without the exact code it may be difficult to troubleshoot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events