Blog posts

a) Is it possible to create an action within a blog post, so that it will appear in an actions report?

b) Is there a way to filter the blog posts, to show only 'open' blogs? 

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the response Alana.  Much appreciated.

Yes, on the actions I mean tasks.  From the help, I've seen that by putting [ ] around the text for a task, however after doing this, it does not appear in the Task Report.

On the blog posts,  the problem I always have with blog pages is they get clogged with old stuff and the value becomes diluted. I was hoping to have some sort of status field, or tag that could filter the view... so blog posts that are no longer relevant are not displayed.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

hi Bruce, 

Did you follow exact below steps to add a task?

1. type [] (this will give you a check box like shown in below image)1.1.png
  2. Type you task in the area that says 'Type your task here, using...
  3. and in your task report macro verify macro settings. Also you have to save the blog post so that the newly created task will appear in you task report 1.2.png

for your next issue,

• if possible you can simply delete unwanted blog posts
  • if not add a label to blog posts that you want to filter out. so that you can search blog posts by label
  • As a reference you can add a status macro in the blog post. but note that you can't search by status macro 
0 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

hi Bruce, 

Welcome to the community!

May I know more about your requirement?

a) by "Action" do you mean adding tasks? if so yes you can add tasks inside blog posts if you want to. 

b) I am not sure about Open blog posts. are you using any addon to add workflow? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events