Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog Post are not showing under "Blog" sidebar

Andreas Sotirakopoulos November 17, 2019

Although I am able to see the blog post in the relevant macro I am unable to see the blog post under the selection "Blog" on the side bar which I would expect to normally find it.

I am also not able to see the blog post anywhere besides the macro. It is very annoying and seems like a very serious bug which I wonder if it affects other areas as well. I would hate to lose blog posts since they are so time consuming to create

Is this a known bug with Confluence server edition?

2 answers

0 votes
dawetwo December 27, 2022

I had another issue that the blog link didn't show up on the left bar. To be visible there is a configuration entry for it to enable the "blog" link. So maybe if you turn off/on this -  it is worth a test.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 202147.png

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Hello there, @Andreas Sotirakopoulos ! Great to have you share here with our community.

As I understand, when blog posts are created, they do not show on the sidebar under the Blog section.

I tried to replicate this issue within my own Confluence Cloud site and was ultimately unable to. Here is a .GIF of that attempt:

BlogPost.gif

That being said, I would like to ask you a few questions for clarification:

1. Are you on Confluence Cloud or Self-Hosted (You mentioned Confluence Server at the end of your question)
  2. Are all blog posts affected by this?
  3. Are you able to access the blog posts directly via URL?
  4. Are the blog posts unavailable for any other user as well?

Let us hear from you, Andreas!

Alicia_Gayout January 15, 2020

Hello, I happen to have the same issue.

1. I am on Confluence Cloud

2. Yes, none of my 2 posts shows up

3. Yes, and through the search I can get them

no-post.PNG

Roland Gorácz March 16, 2020

I have the same problem.

The only difference is that as a site admin, I can see the posts there, but anonymous users can not (it is enabled for them to see everything inside the given space, and they should see the blog posts too).

Andreas Sotirakopoulos March 16, 2020

@Diego My case is similar to @Alicia_Gayout 's.

The blog post are available for other users (via link for sure) but I have not checked if they can see it in the blogs sections.

Roland Gorácz May 14, 2020

Hmm, I just checked if the problem persists, but for me it has been resolved (that is interesting though, because I did not change privileges).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events