Blog Post Formatting Loss

While creating a blog post, it allows me to put some formatting into my post (i.e. tables I insert, paragraph breaks etc). However once I publish it, it removes any formatting. How do I retain this after publish?

Specifically in the blog feed, it doesn't show any of this formatting.

4 answers

After experimenting I can see that the problem only happens when the summary of blog entries are displayed as "excerpts". If the full blog post is displayed then the link IS clickable

This isn't a fix for me (as I don't want the full blog included) but I hope that it might help you or others David.

To change this: Edit your main page (not the blog page) and click on the "Blog Posts" grey box and then choose Edit. In the "Content Type To Display" choose "entire" instead of "excerpts".

I have a possibly related issue. I have created a blog post containing a link. The published blog post retains the link as clickable but while the the Space homepage that includes the latest blog posts does list the blog entry, the link is no longer clickable.

Definitely my issue as well. As you may have already found, thankfully if you go into the actual blog area, then all formatting is retained.

But if you're just at the homepage of your space, and looking at the blog feed, then it loses the formatting.

Adam this helped immensely! Thanks so much for the suggestion. That pretty much solved our problem.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 6 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

71 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you