Blog Post Formatting Loss

David Tuttle April 11, 2016

While creating a blog post, it allows me to put some formatting into my post (i.e. tables I insert, paragraph breaks etc). However once I publish it, it removes any formatting. How do I retain this after publish?

Specifically in the blog feed, it doesn't show any of this formatting.

4 answers

1 vote
Adam Bartlett April 29, 2016

After experimenting I can see that the problem only happens when the summary of blog entries are displayed as "excerpts". If the full blog post is displayed then the link IS clickable

This isn't a fix for me (as I don't want the full blog included) but I hope that it might help you or others David.

To change this: Edit your main page (not the blog page) and click on the "Blog Posts" grey box and then choose Edit. In the "Content Type To Display" choose "entire" instead of "excerpts".

0 votes
David Tuttle April 29, 2016

Adam this helped immensely! Thanks so much for the suggestion. That pretty much solved our problem.

0 votes
David Tuttle April 29, 2016

Definitely my issue as well. As you may have already found, thankfully if you go into the actual blog area, then all formatting is retained.

But if you're just at the homepage of your space, and looking at the blog feed, then it loses the formatting.

0 votes
Adam Bartlett April 28, 2016

I have a possibly related issue. I have created a blog post containing a link. The published blog post retains the link as clickable but while the the Space homepage that includes the latest blog posts does list the blog entry, the link is no longer clickable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events