Best Structure

Jason Buehler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2015

Hi,

We are going to use Confluence to manage multiple customers IT documentation. I am curious how to best structure this. Should we use a separate space for each customer or create a single space called Customer Documentation and then have them under that. At some point we may want to share a customers documentation with them possibly restricting certain pages.

Would like to understand how to best use this for customer documentation.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2015

I going to guess that is some info that is duplicated throughout the documentation, at minimum support contact, warranty, etc. You really should consider separating these sections out into their own documents, then use the Include page macro in each document that they occur.

So if you go this route, it might make more sense to have all the repeated bits and the full documents in one space so that the includes can have the same read rights.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events