Backup failing with all-delete-orphan

IT MayaHTT January 31, 2018

Hello,

We are facing an issue when trying to make an Export backup of our Confluence instance.

Running 6.2.3.

It fails after a minute with the following error:

javax.servlet.error.exception: org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemException: A collection with cascade="all-delete-orphan" was no longer referenced by the owning entity instance: com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentEntityObject.contentProperties; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: A collection with cascade="all-delete-orphan" was no longer referenced by the owning entity instance: com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentEntityObject.contentProperties

This comes along with:

org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [com.atlassian.confluence.core.ContentEntityObject#8880792]

Thanks in advance, swimming in the dark here :(

Regards,

Jonathan

3 answers

0 votes
Ibrahim Farhan May 8, 2018

Hello Jonathan,

I am facing the same problem.

is this problem solved?

Best regards,

Ibrahim

IT MayaHTT May 9, 2018

Hi Ibrahim,

If I remember correctly, I ended up taking a full MySQL database backup, drop it, create a new one and restoring the backup.

Also, I migrated to latest Confuence version which has some useful requirements on MySQL database configuration.

Regards,

Jonathan

0 votes
IT MayaHTT February 1, 2018

Hi Boris,

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried disabling all plugins and it keeps failing with the same error.

We use a mysql database. If it can help here is the property used in confluence.cfg.xml:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/confluence?sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB</property>

Regards,

Jonathan

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

Looks like the wrong method is being user per https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/5.7.6/com/atlassian/confluence/core/ContentEntityObject.html

I would try disabling plugins to see if maybe something is screwed there. Which DB engine are you using?

IT MayaHTT February 5, 2018

Hi Boris,

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried disabling all plugins and it keeps failing with the same error.

We use a mysql database. If it can help here is the property used in confluence.cfg.xml:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/confluence?sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB</property>

Regards,

Jonathan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events