Backup Confluence Cloud Site as PDF / HTML etc...

Salomon Häseli May 16, 2022

We currently run Confluence- and Jira-Cloud backups manually on a regular basis (I know there's a script with which you can automate that part, I'm currently looking into it). However. being more cautious about the backup-handling after the recent system-outage we are wondering if there is any way to backup the whole confluence-site in a human readable format (PDF, HTML etc...). I know we can do that on a per-page or per-space basis. Nevertheless, it would much simplify the process by doing this for the entire site.

Any idea if and how we could achieve that?

Cheers!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Salomon Häseli ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You can export space in pdft/html but not the whole site. As per my knowledge there are no external apps that allow you to do that.

Fabio

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hello and welcome in the community, 

My knowledge tell me that you can do this in HTML and PDF space by space out of the box. There's no way to it globally out of the box.

Since the process can be very time consuming, I think some plugin in the marketplace should be able to answer your case.

Hope this help

Salomon Häseli May 17, 2022

Hey Florian

Thank you for your answer!

I did find some plugins for JSM, namely:

• Skyvia Backup for Jira

• Backup

but nothing for confluence that allows me to choose multiple spaces. Do you have any experience with such a plugin?

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events