Back link to Jira missing from some linked-to Confluence pages in Jira cloud/Confluence cloud

Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2015

When I create a link from JIRA to a Confluence page in my personal space using the Confluence linking from issue links, the Confluence page gets a back link on the line above the title, like this: confluence_jira_back_link.png

But when I create links to pages in other spaces I don't always get that link.

I have done edit on the pages with the link, but there isn't anything visible there.

Is it something to do with the privileges on the space or the page? When I mouse-over on the padlock icon to the left of the "JIRA link" it says "unrestricted".

The pages that don't have the "1 JIRA link" text, don't have a padlock symbol either. However when I open Tools->Restriction on a page without padlock or "JIRA link", it says "No restrictions" and "everyone can view and edit this page".

What needs to be done to get the back link from all Confluence pages that are linked to from JIRA "Issue links"?

Thanks!

• Steinar

1 answer

1 vote
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Hey Steinar,

I would sugest you to raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian,com so one of their cloud engineers can take a closer look on this behaviour.

Thanks and Regards,

Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events