Automatic access requests sent by users without them asking for it

Iuliana Burgi Jurj June 4, 2019

Hello, 

I am experiencing a weird behavior with Confluence WIKI Cloud which is not normal at all and causes a lot of confusion. 

I have invited recently an user to Confluence WIKI Cloud, via invitation and, after having invited him to Confluence Cloud, I received an automatic notifications requesting access for the same user. 

The notification says: "xxx wants to invite xxx, so they can both work on company.atlassian.net. You can approve access requests from your Site administration. "

Basically the notification says that the recently added user is inviting himself again to Confluence. 

The user says he did not requested any access as he has everything he needs, yet I receive this notification.

I remember having opened a case for Confluence Cloud Support some time ago for the same issue and they acknowledged this as a bug that happens, randomly, upon the first connection of an user. However I did not see the notification for a long time before today. 

Somebody has any idea if this bug is still open ? And if yes, for when should it be fixed ? 

Thank you all !

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2019

Hello Iuliana,

I was able to locate your previous ticket for this reported issue. Your reported issue, same as the behavior you’re also reporting here, is part of the bug report. The bug report is still open and not yet resolved as of the time of this post. Your support case was created back in March 2019 and the bug was initially discovered and created in November 2018. You may find this bug at CONFCLOUD-65155. I have referenced this post to that bug request as well. We would suggest you select ‘This affects my team’ and watch this bug request to receive future updates to its status.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Iuliana Burgi Jurj June 10, 2019

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your answer.

I am watching the issue CONFCLOUD-65155 and I voted for it. However, I do not find the button "This affects my team". Maybe I'm missing it or in my case it is the "Vote for this issues" ?

Either way, looking forward for the issue to be solved cause t is causing a lot of confusion.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

Hello Iuliana,

Following up on this post, we discussed your issue with the team and found the initial bug request sent may not cover the actual issue you’re experiencing. With this said, we’ve created a new bug request for your issue here; CONFCLOUD-67059.

I’ve set you as the reporter for this issue. You should be notified of the creation of this issue and to any updates of its status as well.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events