Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Export Of Space To PDF

Michael Main March 23, 2023

Is there anyway to automate the export of a workspace to PDF? we are looking to export weekly updated documentation from confluence and to save the manually process each week we are looking for a way to automate this. 

3 answers

0 votes
Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2024

Hi  @Michael Main ,

As part of Appfire’s acquisition of Bobswift, the documentation is migrated to Appfire Command Line Interface (CLI)

CLI provides the exportSpace action to export the space to a file. Please refer to this example to export a space to pdf.
You can install the client from this location: Downloads and install the connector app for your respective Atlassian host i.e., Confluence CLI from the marketplace 

You need to have your own automation set up to run this action.

Hope this helps!

BTW, I'm from Appfire, the vendor of CLI app.

Thanks,
Reshma

0 votes
Bartosz Maleta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

to remove

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023
Yes, it is possible to automate the export of a workspace to PDF using the Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSOAP/Confluence+Command+Line+Interface. The CLI allows for the automation of a variety of Confluence tasks, including exporting a space to PDF. You can set up a script to run on a regular schedule to automatically export the space to PDF and save it to a designated location.
Stefan Rodic November 1, 2023

Can. you somehow share to me since I get this 
stefan rodic@domain.co doesn't have access to Confluence on bobswift.atlassian.net.

Joshua Smith November 8, 2023

Yes.  I have tried this and I get a PDF but it says that the PDF is corrupt.  When I open the PDF with notepad, the is a big long url that will actually open what looks like it should be the PDF in a browser.  But I need the PDF to work.

Bartosz Maleta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Riley Venable

I am also getting "...doesn't have access to Confluence on bobswift.atlassian.net." 

Could You please share this page or access to it?

@Stefan Rodic

Did You get access from Riley?

Sam Speight February 26, 2024

I couldn't access the article so did some poking around.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/284/confluence-command-line-interface-cli?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

You can see in the description that it was formerly the add-in from Bob Swift. 
Unfortunately it is a paid add in. Probably not something I can justify for the narrow use case I wanted it for unfortunately. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events