Attachments not found - confluence

Parthiban Narayanasamy July 1, 2018

We are trying to move the content from one space to anther space, and import into to server.

but for some space we are getting attachment not found error. but i am able to see the file name, size details, but unable to view or download the attachment. Please assist.

Error: Attachment file not found. 

2 answers

0 votes
Marcel Kleinlütke July 13, 2023

A similar issue over here. two user, both mac os 13.4.1 safari Version 16.5.1 
One of them can add attachements to a page or a makro the other user cannot...

any Ideas?

Marcel Kleinlütke July 13, 2023

It is without using move content or so... fresh page. insert attachement... one gets the attachement on the page the other:
attachement not found.

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2018

Hello,

If you can see the file on the disk corresponding to Space ID and Page ID you are looking for, then you can try:

If you can't locate the files on disk, It could happen that migration was interrupted or did not complete properly, in that case, I would suggest to generate a new space export and try migration again.

Parthiban Narayanasamy July 1, 2018

Thanks for your response Igor. i have checked database and i am able to see entries for images/files in the content table for corresponding page and space. 

does this mean the files are already migrated to the site? 

i have tries to search via Grep but unfortunately the session is getting time out. 

sample query: find /application/confluence.cba/shared_home/attachments | grep 429792928

Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2018

Hello,

No, DB entries only confirm that Confluence is expecting for attachment to be present, it does not confirm if it actually exists on the disk. If you check atlassian-confluence.log you should be able to see the error for missing attachments that will give you a path to file, you can check if the file exists there. If the search is getting timed out, check if the account you are running find from has the right to attachments directory.

If you are able to find the file on disk, then you can proceed with re-index and KB for missing attachments.

Parthiban Narayanasamy July 3, 2018

Thanks Igor. Let me try that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events