Attachment file not found - Confluence 6.5.1

Daniel Pollak June 25, 2018

When trying to download an .xls we get redirected to "Attachment File Not Found" page.

Up to now customers only complained once. The log shows a warning:

---

2018-06-25 10:14:24,786 WARN [conversion-thread-1-internal] [atlassian.confluence.pages.DefaultAttachmentManager] getAttachmentData Could not find data for attachment: Attachment: Event Definition SB V0.1.xlsx v.18 (107152325) S9XXX - com.atlassian.confluence.pages.persistence.dao.filesystem.AttachmentDataFileSystemException: No such file for Attachment: Event Definition SB V0.1.xlsx v.18 (107152325) S9XXX. Were looking at D:\AppData\CONFLUENCE\attachments\ver003\114\110\107610114\224\57\65807724\98059080\18

---

Following the link I was able to retreive the file at the server - when I renamed the latest file in the archive folder to .xls it opened in excel and I could return the file to the users, who of course now wants to know what the problem was and what we are going to do about this.

Does anyone know a reason for this behaviour? Is there a more elegant way to repair this problem than digging through the attachment folder? Is there a known problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

Did you make any import or migration recently?

Please see our documentation that will guide you through the solution:

Kind Regard

Suren Raj

Daniel Pollak June 25, 2018

No, not recently.

Thank you for the link, if this keeps being a problem we shall try this. Sadly we have lots of traffic on our confluence so that we would need a downtime to get a consistent backup.

RJ Confluence Admins May 14, 2019

I have the same problem.  Yes i ran the resolve missing attachment script.  ONLY Excel files throw this error now.  I *think* that before I ran the script other files may have as well.   It was able to recover 77 of 80 missing files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events