Atlassian SharePoint Connector, Federated Search, Authentication and Authorization

heinrich-ulbricht-communardo February 17, 2014

After reading the documentation about Federated Search and the SharePoint Connector for Confluence Wiki I am still unsure about the authentication and authorization model.

Assume the following configuration:

• Confluence
  • SharePoint Server 2013

User should be able to search Confluence from SharePoint using the Federated Search Webpart.

My questions are:

1. Is the identity of the current SharePoint user used for filtering the Confluence search results that will be presented in the Federated Search Web Part? (Security Trimming)
    • Is the current SharePoint user automatically authenticated against Confluence?
    • Are the Confluence permissions enforced for the SharePoint user?
  2. What are the prerequisites for this security trimming to work?
    • I read something about that it can only work then using Kerberos authentication for SharePoint and Confluence - is this true?
    • Does Confluence need to run on Windows for it to work?
    • Does it work with Basic authentication?

Any help on this topic is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

Hi Heinrich,

I have about the same question to trust model like Confluence and Sharepoint.

So far, we didnt find clue for that.

We are using Sharepoint connection directly to an AD.

Confluence is synchronizing user and group from a Virtual Ldap that has the same member but not group as the AD.

Meanwhile, if you found clue about this, i'm pretty interested in your results or findings.

Sincerly,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events