Atlassian Cloud - why is it so difficult?! :(

Mitya Kukharev August 28, 2016

Hello Atlassian, I appreciate your work - JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket - all excellent products. But there is something that drives me absolutely mad - it is Atlassian cloud. Why is it done so difficult?

So I set up JIRA and confluence for a team of 2 developers (for now) and then also started a bitbucket account. Now I want them in one site (or a cloud).

Basically, I want Bitbucket in this menu:

image2016-8-28 16:45:43.png

I click configure and there goes a long process - I am trying to add Bitbucket - which is a total mess of a workflow. It never works for me.

When I get to Bitbucket, in the main menu I see something like this:

image2016-8-28 16:47:25.png

What the hell?!!! I have already set up both JIRA and Confluence. Ok, I click on Free Trial and see this:

image2016-8-28 16:49:13.png

And this is where I always stuck. This form is never valid - all instructions are not clear. Site is either already taken or username is not valid, or Bitbucket name is wrong, etc., etc., etc.

I just don't understand why is everything so difficult? Is that because it costs money to have all three of them in one cloud. Well, just let me know then so I would not waste my time trying to set up a site.

But for now it is just frustrating sad

p.s. I am looking into trello now - I see there is a way to integrate it together with Bitbucket. Not sure what is a good alternative for Confluence...

2 answers

1 vote
Andreas August 28, 2016

After the first input box in your screenshot, there's a link saying "Looking to add products to an existing site?". I agree that the process could be easier (i.e. automatically detect which products you already have).

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2016

Perhaps consider reaching out the the support you are entitled to at https://support.atlassian.com 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events