Application Links

Sebastian Heybrok September 4, 2017

Hi there,

I am having trouble connecting Jira and Confluence. Jira is running via HTTPS and can connect to confluence using incoming oAuth and nothing for outgoing.

On Confluence it says NetworkError wiht "java.lang.NullPointerException: null"

I am using the Jira base url in the connector configuration.

Pls advice and let me know what logs are needed to get this done.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Dear Sebastian,

You could check the logs;  atlassian-confluence.log, located at... <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

Your error has thankfully also been documented by Atlassian;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/nullpointerexception-when-trying-to-configure-application-links-273285733.html

Atlassian states that the cause is that the Server ID of Confluence is either missing in the database or incorrectly set. Please take a look at the documentation, I will be here to help should you have any questions about the docs.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Sebastian Heybrok September 4, 2017

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your fast reply. Unfortunately  the SQL statement return the correct value in the format "<string>my-con-fluence-ServerID</string>" and I can also manually find it in the confluence.cfg.xml showing as 

<property name="confluence.setup.server.id">my-con-fluence-ServerID</property>

In the atlassian-confluence.log it says 

WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-2] [atlassian.applinks.core.DefaultApplinkStatusService] logApplinkError Unrecognized error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link '49603bdc-8b72-3138-927c-85e62ea77f03'
-- referer: http://confluence:8090/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks | url: /rest/applinks/3.0/status/49603bdc-8b72-3138-927c-85e62ea77f03 | traceId: 77a91b4929e7c501 | userName: adminConfluence rest.JPG

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Running on the same server? Java has no knowledge of search dominans. Have you tried using the FQDN? 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2019

Running into similar issue..server id and everything is correct. Also, tried using FDQN. Any idea why the integration isn't working.

@Sebastian Heybrok were you able to fix this issue?

Sebastian Heybrok May 21, 2019

I got this working but cant remember the root cause of the problem tbh.
Any chance to get some more details from your end? We are running with oauth for in and outgoing connection.

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2019

I deleted all oauth tokens from bandana table in confluence database and it is working now. I just have to make sure docker container timezone and jira timezone are same now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events