Apache Struts Version Used in Confluence 6.2.1

dave.jw.tan@starhub.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2018

Hi,

My users encountered issues when uploading certain files onto confluence with the following error msg: "RestAPI.pdf The server is not responding. Please  check that it is running"

At the same time our security team flagged alerts traced to a vulnerability in certain Apache Struts versions.

We would like to understand whether confluence 6.2.1 uses apache struts, and the version being used, to facilitate with the investigation.

Also, would like to understand what is the cause and solution of the above error msg.

Pls advise.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

Hi dave.jw.tan@starhub.com,

Please note that Confluence uses webwork 2 which predates struts 2. Please refer to the below Atlassian ticket 

Please refer to the Confluence logs for detailed error which would help you understand why you are not able to upload the document. Please refer to the below documentation on logs

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events