Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Google Analytics Pop Up

Philippe Vlaemminck August 31, 2022

Dears, since a couple of weeks I have this annoying pop-up on my screen when I visit my Confluence pages :
"A new version of Google Analytics for Confluence with great new features was released as a paid app. The installed version will stop working soon, please upgrade it now. As an existing customer you are eligible for a 50% discount!"

When click on 'learn more' I come to a website, where a new pop-up appears asking me to accept Cookies :

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 11.59.49.png

When I click 'More Options' I can deselect all but functional cookies and then I end up in a vicious circle... the same pop-up shows up again, it looks like this doesn't want to accept anything but 'Accept All'

Nevertheless, I want to get rid of this initial GA message in the first place....

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2022

It looks like you are using a free version of an app which has now moved on to be a commercial/paid app.

There look to be 2 options top remove this "nag screen":

1. Install the paid version
  2. Uninstall the free version

Note, if you do either of these, then you will not be able to go back to the old free version.

Choose wisely.

Philippe Vlaemminck September 2, 2022

Thanks. I have to check my team. Can't remember I installed any of this... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events