Alternative to the old 'Show and Hide' macro?

Helen Gosper May 9, 2019

Is anyone aware of either an alternative macro (or another way of achieving the same result) to the old 'show-and-hide-macro' which used to allow us to set a date as the condition? 

The use case is quite simple: Needing to keep a block of text on a page within product documentation hidden until a certain date, when it will automatically show. Or alternatively, hide a block of content starting on a certain date.

We are upgrading from 5.10 server and onto Cloud.

The Visibility plug-in contains show-if/hide-if, but not 'show-and-hide'.

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

Hello Helen,

Thank you for contacting us! Happy to help you track down a solution for your team.

I apologize but I am really not familiar with the show-and-hide-macro or the Visibility plugin. 

Could you tell me, was this a 3rd party add-on? The add-on Visibility for Confluence sounds familiar to what you are describing. Since you mentioned you are migrating from Confluence Server 5.10 to Cloud, perhaps this could work for you?

Regards,

Shannon

Helen Gosper July 17, 2019

Hi Shannon, thanks for replying and sorry it's taken me so long to reply myself.

It was a third-party plug-in, called 'shownhide' I believe and it showed content according to a date range.  Unfortunately I can't recall the developer and no longer have access to the old server instance to look for it.

It worked like this:

{shownhide:from=2010-01-12|to=2010-01-24}

The cloud version of Visibility for Confluence contains some conditional hiding of content (eg showif). However, I really need something that will allow me to add content to a page that will automatically display on a certain date. This is what shownhide previously did.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Helen,

I'm not aware of any other add-ons that could support that behavior, but I've tagged your question so that it will also appear on the Marketplace Collection.

That way, if anyone knows of a solution, they can let you know.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events