After migration, users from the source Confluence can no longer see Jira events or Add them in TC

Shirley He March 13, 2019

Hello all,

After migrating a Jira/Confluence instance into ours, the users from the source instances can no longer properly add Jira Events, nor can they see Jira events on the calendar. When they try to add the Jira Event, the option to select the project, use JQL, etc. is gone.

Meanwhile, I am having no trouble seeing these options, nor does a user who existed only in the target instance from the start. After some investigation, I found that one user from the source instance is able to create Jira events, but he did have an account already existing in the target instance, unlike the users who are currently having problems. He also is an admin in confluence, but I am unsure if that's the reason he can create these events.

I don't see any permissions or restrictions set on these calendars, unless I missed something? Any advice?

Regards,

Shirley

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2019

Does JIRA manage your accounts?  Sounds like the confluence users do not have access to the JIRA instance and you need to create their accounts there.

Hi Brant,

Jira does manage our accounts, but the users in question all have access to Jira Software. They also have the necessary permissions for the projects they're trying to make Jira Events for.

Something similar happened to me when I was trying to create events in the calendar at their Confluence instance, but it seems like it resolved itself so I don't really know what the problem or solution is.

Regards,

Shirley He

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2019

in confluence for the accounts having issues what does it show as directory?  Is if confluence or JIRA.  If it is confluence that is the issue.  

It shows the Remote JIRA Directory, so I guess that's not the problem

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2019

Can you validate that the user has a jira license.

Shirley He March 15, 2019

yes, the user does have a jira license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events