Administration

David Laloum June 16, 2013

Hello,

How can I have systm administration right ?

I can't delete or modified a space create by one of my user,

Thanks

5 answers

1 vote
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

The admin can grant full permissions to such users through confluence admin > global permissions.

Please contact your admin to provide you such permissions.

David Laloum June 17, 2013

Hello

I'm the admin :-)

I can delete user's but can't delete the space that they create ( operation denied)

Other question, is it possible to take off the possibility to create personnal page for users ?

thanks a lot

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

on onDemand you won't be given system admin rights.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand#RestrictedFunctionsinAtlassianOnDemand-Confluence

You will have to ask the user to make you an admin of the space or get help from Atlassian support.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

There is no need for system administrator permission. Normal administrator permission is sufficient.

Go to:

• Confluence admin,
  • Space permissions (in the 'Users and Security' section),
  • click 'Manage Permissions' on the space you want access to (you are now in the 'Space Tools' section of that space), and
  • edit permissions to taste.

You can delete the space from the Space Tools section by going to Overview -> Delete Space.

0 votes

Hello

I can't delete user's but not delete the space that they create ( operation denied)

Other question, is it possible to take off the possibility to create personnal page for users ?

thanks a lot

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2013

System Administrator permissions is reserverd to engineers for troubleshooting purpose as mentioned here. However, your administrator rights should allow to do that. Please do refer to this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Deleting+a+Page

Hello

I can delete user's but can't delete the space that they create ( operation denied)

thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events