Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding sections in a confluence document

Hi guys.

I'd like to add sections throughout my confluence document for exporting in pdf format without breaking images between pages.

I've taken a look into the help and have found that I'd need to use the Section Macro if I want to insert a more editable section than the standards layouts provided by the confluence.

image.png

The issue with the standard layouts is that I only have the option of two or three columns and I need just one column 

If someone could help me, I'd be thankful.

Best

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

These are not "section macros", they're layout formatting, and they don't do sections really.

If you need a part of a page that's a full width (a single column), you just don't use a layout for it.

How can I add a section macro then? There is no such macro in the list of macros of my confluence

There is no section macro on Cloud.  It's been superceded by the layouts!

1 vote

Hi @Denis Oliveira

I have to admit that I don't have a direct solution to your question about the various columns.

However, you could give the Scroll PDF Exporter a try. This has way more formatting options than the built-in Exporter. And they also add an extra macro for keeping content together.

Cheers,
Matthias.

PS: Please note that I work for K15t, the company behind the Scroll PDF Exporter.

Hi @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ 

Very nice tip.

I'll try out the app and see how it works.

Best

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

38,616 views 28 126
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you