Adding new users in Existing Team space

kA March 5, 2014

Hi friends,

I created the Team space and working on it now. Initially i created the Team space with 2 users. Now i want add two more users on that team space. So i proivided all the permission for them to access the Team space in the permission but still they are not able to access the team space.

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

You need to re-examine the permissions basically.

It's difficult to tell you more than that, because we don't know what you've done when you say "provided all the permission for them" or what "not able to access the team space" means - how much of confluence can they get to?

kA March 5, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your updates, Please refer the below screen shot

Anandaraj is the new member i added into my Team space and he has all permission on my team space but when he try to open the page by his credential, It is display the message like "Access denied".

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

Ok, that's the permissions covered - can you check the "restrictions" on the space though - I suspect the top level page might be restricted. Also, if you take the url for "space admin" on the space from your browser, what does Anandaraj get when they try that url?

salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Is Anandaraj belongs to any group? or Is your team space restricted from "Confluence-users"?

kA March 5, 2014

Yes, Anandaraj belongs to Users group. That group has the following permission on that team space(marked in red color).

salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Can you check the global permission of this group?!

Thanks Nic for Clarifying

1. Go to your global permission
  2. Add this group

Grant the Can Use this group

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2014

The group membership is not that important - the way the permissions work is permissive. If Anandaraj matches any rule that grants access, then they're in. Doesn't matter if the group doesn't have access, Anandaraj's account has full rights.

I think what Saleh was getting at was checking Anandaraj actually has the rights to *use* confluence at all. Bascially, can they see any pages at all? That are not open to "anonymous"

0 votes
kA March 6, 2014

Hi All,

Thanks for your update, now he can able to access the team space.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events