Adding a Right-Navigation Pane to the Page

radhika.puthiyetath April 15, 2019

How do I insert a left-navigation pane to the Tech Doc pages that are hosted on Atlassian Cloud? What I am looking for is to remove the long ToC in the page that takes up entire space and add a right-navigation pane where I can list the content heading and related pages. Is there a macro that can enable me to organize the space?

Similar to

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 3.45.19 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

Hi @radhika.puthiyetath

One way of doing it is using Page layouts - Two column section with right side-bar, and placing your On this page/Related content links in the right side-bar. To add the links you can use anchors/TOC for the headings from the same page or links for navigating to other pages.

Something like this:

CommunityQn_TOC.jpg

You may also want to refer to this page for a floating right column, in case you meant so.

Hope one of it works!

Thanks

Sireesha

radhika.puthiyetath April 16, 2019
radhika.puthiyetath April 16, 2019

Is there a way to roll out this change globally, instead of per-page?

Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

I am afraid, we can't do so with anchors, since they are very specific to individual pages and cannot be globalized. If you used TOC instead, it is possible (for On this page section).

The Related Content section again, I am assuming varies with the context of each page and so I am not sure if it can be globalized. :) 

Thanks! 

radhika.puthiyetath April 17, 2019

Yes, I have used TOC, so my question is around creating a template which populates the TOC content of each page globally (at least the headings, On this Page and Related Content).

Thanks again for the help.

-Radhika

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events