Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the watchers

kA December 1, 2013

Hi friends,

In confluence I want to add one user in watcher. But he does not access the confluence atlease once. How can i add the member into the watcher manually.

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks,

Karthik A.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

The user must be a confluence user. We don't know how your confluence is set up to define user access, but at the very least, they must have "can use confluence"

0 votes
kA December 1, 2013

Whether It is possible to enable the user in confluence without using his credential.

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

Yes you can activate/enable the user without his/her credentials using confluence admin.

Thanks,

Patina

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

I suspect there's another question here - about watching a page without actually having an account.

That is not possible. A computer needs something to identify a person to send mail to, or log in, or record activity etc. Confluence takes the simple route and requires a user account to attach this information to.

The user can activate/enable their accounts. Admins can also do it. But you must have an account to work with.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

if the user already signed up on confluence then you can add him to watcher list else you need to create a user and then need to add to watcher list

kA December 1, 2013

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your upadates, I have an account for user. The user used only JIRA but the user doesnot access the confluence. When i am trying to add user in watcher of one page in confluence. It shows the user name does not exists. How can i add the user into watcher list of the page.

Thanks,

Karthik a.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events