Add link to whiteboard object

Katharina Fetzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

We use a Conluence whiteboard to visualize on of our processes. Each step in the process is represented by an object (square or diamont shapes).

We want to add hyperlinks to the objects which point to other confluence pages with more detailed information about each step in the process.

We tried to do this by clicking "Link in Objekt kopieren" but this only copies a link to the object in the clipboard. Is there another way to add hyperlinks to the objects?

Screenshot 2024-03-22 163239.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2024

Welcome to the community @Katharina Fetzer 

As an alternative, on the whiteboard navbar use the Add link option:

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 16.38.00.png

Katharina Fetzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Thank you for your quick reply!

We can use this and replace our objects with the confluence cards.

I still think it would look a lot better and would also be more flexible, if we could just add a hyperlink to the text of the object. This is not possible?

Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2024

For now, sadly now. Even if you copy the link of your page to the object, it won't be shown as the link rather plain text.

Christopher Young
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 18, 2024

This is wild that in 2024 one can't add a link to a piece of text or the object. 

Like # people like this
Patrick Matthews June 19, 2024

I second this "is wild" and unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to find a way to create a Whiteboard template.  These should be table stakes... 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events