Activer Directory Additional Fields

Gene Ushinsky May 30, 2018

I am trying to narrow down the scope of the AD schema settings by adding an Additional User DN and Groups DN - https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-829077943.html

I have it working great in Jira but not in Confluence (we are on version 5.10). Any addition of text to one of these fields produces a System Error - Cause is listed as "Stack Trace:[hide]"

Has anyone seen this and maybe knows how to solve?

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

This might be related to a known Jira issue. I know it is a Jira issue, but it could affect Confluence as well if the database column length is not enough.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/data-truncation-due-to-data-too-long-for-column-277253600.html

Gene Ushinsky May 31, 2018

Thanks, Davin. My strings are way shorter than 255 characters, even when combined.

0 votes
Bart D May 30, 2018

I've implemented this before and worked, just need to know the OU that you want Confluence to search.  You might need a call to support if you don't see anything in the logs. 

It is supposed to work but won't accept anything in those fields. Where are the logs? Something I can see from the GUI or do I need to have server access, which I don't have.

Bart D May 31, 2018

<jira-home>/log/atlassian-jira.log

Is where the logs are, I don't remember 100% but I think you can do either or. Try just doing groups and try just doing users. 

What are you using for usernames?

Just the prefix, email?

I would also update your version, 5.10 is pretty old. 

Bart,

I will see if I can get to the logs. Yes, the version is old :)

What I have in that field is this:

Base DN: OU=xx,DC=xxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xxxxx

Additional User DN: <blank>

Additional Groups DN: OU=zz,OU=zzz

No matter what I put in the "additional" fields I get a System Error - Cause is listed as "Stack Trace:[hide]"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events