About page permissions in Confluence

Vladimir Kolesnik September 22, 2013

Hello,

Confluence allows to restrict page view/edit access using Page Restrictions (which override space permissions). However, is it possible to grant view or edit permission for specific page without adding that user to space permission? I've a space which has several pages inside. The user should be able to read only 1 specific page in that space, other pages should be not accessible.

Of course one solution would be to grant user space read right and then manually go into every single page within space and restrict view access for some specific user, but I hope there is some alternative like: find your page - edit page permissions - select type of access (read/edit) and username. The user will have read access only to that specific page, while the rest of the space content will not be available for browsing.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2013

Hi Vladimir,

As far as I know, this isn't possible in Confluence right now. The closest item that I managed to find this improvement request here - CONF-26979, which talks about bulk changing the page permissions. This way, you can bulk restrict pages, and then you can edit it to be available to whomever you please.

For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

• Vote, so that it will receive more attention
  • Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates
  • Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

Vladimir Kolesnik September 23, 2013

Thank you for your answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events