6.10.0 frequent restart needed

Gerald MURIEL August 28, 2018

After migrationg to 6.10.0 our server stops every other day and the only option is to stop and re-start the instance.

2 answers

0 votes
Gerald MURIEL September 12, 2018

Stephen,

Thank you for your follow-up. No reply from Atlassian until now.

We are getting few restarts now after doing some tweaks like re-indexing and turning off collaborative editing. We also increase our server's memory by half.

-Gerald

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Hello Gerald,

Mind answering a few questions:

What OS is the server installed on?

What Database are you connected to?

Are all of your plugins updated and supported on the presently installed release?

How many users are active on the instance?

What is your CPU and Memory (Cores and RAM)?

Thanks Stephen for the reply.

What OS is the server installed on? 

- Linux 3.10 (Apache Tomcat/9.0.8)

What Database are you connected to?

- PostgreSQL 9.2.18 (upgraded same time as conf.)

Are all of your plugins updated and supported on the presently installed release?

- Yes

How many users are active on the instance?

- 2100 ish

What is your CPU and Memory (Cores and RAM)?

- 16GB RAM (no idea on the processor as it is on VM)

Many thanks... https://statswiki.unece.org

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Everything looks up to par there.

Give you a troubleshooting tools a look at to see if the logs are telling you if something is breaking:

https://statswiki.unece.org/plugins/servlet/troubleshooting/view/

Check "Instance Health", ensure everything is happy there.

Check "Log Analyzer", you can post your results here if you wish. If not they should link to either known issues or other perfornamce/application problems.

If all that comes up blank, then you will most likely have to contact Support to take a look.

ll green and happy on the "Instant health" check and 1 error on the "Log Anylyzer"

"Getting a lot of HeartbeatAction errors in the logs"

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

At this point, I would suggest contacting support:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Gerald MURIEL August 29, 2018

Will do. Thanks Stephen !

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2018

Checking on you Gerald, Was support able to get back to you or start assisting?

Gerald MURIEL August 29, 2018

I did posted my issue yesterday and attached a log file but i haven't received any response yet.

At the moment I disabled anonymous access since yesterday and the server did not stop overnight.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Gerald,

Did you ever hear back from support? Did they find the cause and fix it? If so please share what they did so we may all learn from this.

I look forward to seeing what you have to share!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events