Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

2022 04 new page editor: How to set image display size?

How do I set the display size of an image on a confluence page with the new editor we have as of 2022 April?

Previously we could select the image and an option would allow image size setting of original or some smaller scaled size.

1 answer

0 votes

@Jim Taylor 

I know which feature you are referring to because it is still available in Server and DC.

On my personal instance which is Cloud. So far I have been able to resize using the bars on the side of the picture.

Is this what you are seeing too?

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.49.03 AM.png

Best,

Fadoua

Hello Fadoua,

Our site does not appear to be configured that way perhaps?

When I click on the image two action button icons appear on the image:

• a pencil, and
  • a trash can.

AtlassianWikiNewEditor_ImageOptions.png

- Jim

Fadoua Community Leader Apr 26, 2022

@Jim Taylor  did you please try to hover over the picture until you see a blue bar on the picture's frame? The blue bar appears on both sides

Interesting.  For some images on the page and a new image that does work:

2022-04-26_7-50-19.png

But when I hover over an older image on the page that was there since before the new editor, this is what I see, note no bars either side.

2022-04-26_7-52-53.png

But... your thoughtful prodding of me caused me to dig a bit deeper, thank-you!  So here's what I found:

If I click on the edit button in the middle of the image (cropped out of my last capture for info privacy):

2022-04-26_7-54-17.png

Then this message is displayed on the page:

2022-04-26_7-57-16.png

Then when I follow the 'Learn more' link it takes me to this URL: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/converting-pages-to-the-new-editor-993930226.html

Where we can read about all the differences in macro treatment from the old to the new macro.

So.. in conclusion my current work around suggestion would be to delete and replace the image from a new screen grab.

What do you think Fadoua?

Like Fadoua likes this

Note the page doesn't tell me -which- macro was the one that can't be used in the new editor.

@Jim Taylor if it will solve your issue by letting you resize your pictures, go for it. As long as you still have the original ones.

Yes I always keep originals. Helps in cases like this.

Like Fadoua likes this

Best of luck!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

208 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you