2 different types of text editors

Peter Trinh December 9, 2018

You might have noticed this, but there are 2 different types of editors with 2 different toolbars:

1. 1.PNG2.

2.PNGI really like the first one, as it produces much easier text editor, especially when it comes to markdown and code block:

This nicer view:

1a.PNGVersus this view:

2a.PNGHow can I convert all of the old editors to the nicer editor for all of my pages? Specifically, right now, when I create new "Blank Page", it goes to the older editor, and I want it to open the nicer editor.

Thank you guys.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hello Peter,

The new editor does have a better, easier feel and use to it (as you stated). The simplified answer as to when/how do you have it rolled out can be found within a blog post:

Rollout updates

We're constantly adding new features and improvements to the experience. To minimize disturbances, we roll changes out gradually, so you may not see them on your site until a few weeks after these dates.

14 Dec 2018: A very small percentage of you who don't use the currently unsupported features will see this roll out to all your pages, new and old.

If any older pages do contain unsupported content, they'll open up in the old editor and you'll be able to edit and publish them as per usual.

19 Jun 2018 : Updates start rolling out to new meeting notes (doesn't affect existing ones).

19 Feb 2018 : Updates start rolling out to new blog posts (doesn't affect existing ones).

Source document: Confluence Editing Improvements

With this said, December 14th is the earliest day the new editor should be rolled out to all pages (without unsupported content) within Confluence.

I hope you find this helpful and it clarifies when the features will be fully released.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Laurentiu Padeanu January 14, 2020

Hi, I still see both versions of editors on some pages, how can I use only the updated/new one? Is the usage of new vs. old one related to any "unsupported" features in pages? Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events