2 companies - 2 jira instances - 1 user

Souni Breil December 12, 2017

Hi! I have my own jira and confluence for our company, but I need access to our partner's jira and confluence to keep up-to-date on the change requests they are working on for us.

Right now we have the partner jira on a different email address, but this is very annoying because of the single-sign on ... I am always resetting the wrong password and getting kicked out. Incognito is not ideal and 2 browsers would be annoying too.

Is there any way to get access to the partner company's jira and confluence on the same email address as mine? And/or any way to import a "live feed" from the partner jira to mine, so I can just view their tickets in my instance?

Thanks!

Souni

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

Talk to the admins of the partner's Jira and Confluence, they should be able to add the Atlassian user account with the right email address to their system.

Souni Breil April 3, 2018

Hi Nic,

Sorry for the late reply, I kind of gave up on this during a busy few months. Unfortunately the partner's admin is the person who set it up in the first place, and it doesn't work.

What would the "right email address" be? The same one I use for our own Jira/Confluence? And if so, how would Jira and Confluence then display these "external projects" to me? Just in my list of available projects?

Cheers,

Souni

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2018

Sorry, I'm behind as well!

The email address is the one you want to use for the login, presumably the same as your own system.

The "external projects" are shown in the other system.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events