How long is the Legacy editor template supported?

Pradnya Nagpure August 24, 2021

Dear All,

I recently got the legacy editor template enabled for my organization from the Atlassian Support team as the new editor had many shortcomings. We have a plan of creating all the topics in our confluence space of the User Guides into old editor and structure the content newly, so this will be a big work. 

But, recently I heard that the the legacy editor is unofficially supported and won't last too long. Although this is not sure, it might be kept active by Atlassian for just 6 months, or 5 years or even permanently. 

After hearing this news, we are a bit unsure whether to start using old legacy editor to re-create all pages or not. If we do this, and after 6 months the legacy editor is removed, whole formatting of the topics will be disturbed on the client facing space and that would be a re-work and a mess for our customers and Tech writers.

Does anyone have any visibility about how long the legacy editor will be supported or what I heard is a fake news. Is anyone with new editor but using the legacy editor template in their organization? Please guide.

Thanks,

Pradnya

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events