Confluence Editor inserts input at weird locations

Kim Wallace May 9, 2022

I have grown increasingly frustrated with the Confluence editor (7.13.4, Server) this year. Issues I'm observing:

• I'll position the cursor and begin typing, and the editor inserts the text several rows above the original location. I use an external keyboard to type, so the issue is not with hovering over the mouse pad.
  • I'll press the Enter key to create a new line, access the Macro modal window and choose a macro, and the macro is inserted above the new line
  • After adding a new macro, when I save and exit that macro's modal window, all other macro titles are now blank. I am forced to update the page (Closing does not alter) in order to see the titles. I need them visible when formatting DIVS with classes.

My primary browser is Chrome, currently Version 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit), and I have no control over updates. 

I am looking forward to migrating to another editor.

1 answer

0 votes
James Ponting
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2022

Hi Kim,

That's not normal behaviour for our editor, and it sounds like there may be third party code interacting with your inputs.

Unfortunately this isn't something we can easily investigate via the community forum, so I would suggest contacting the support team at https://support.atlassian.com and investigating with them.

Thanks,
James Ponting
Engineering Manager - Confluence Data Center 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events