Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎉 New year, new space creation experience

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

Today, I’m excited to share the new and improved space creation experience!

hello (1).png

👀 The new experience shows what a space will look like while you’re creating it so that you can choose the right space for you and your team.

see2.png

🚀 Space creation is now more streamlined. Space keys are automatically de-duplicated:

key.gif

We automatically create a unique space key so that you don’t have to manually revise them. You will still be able to create custom space keys if you wish.

⚡️ Space icons will be generated automatically and you can customize them in the creation flow:

icon2.gif

😎 We’ve added some moments of delight. The space title in the hero image will live update as you type and name your space:

title.gif

For each space template we refreshed the Overview sample content with visuals and updated the included example page templates to be more relevant. Also, we’ve included an informational page to help you get the most out of their space.

The updated space creation experience is now rolling out and will be available to all Confluence Cloud users in early 2023. To create a space in Confluence Cloud, go to the top navigation, click on “Spaces” then “Create a new space” at the bottom of the drop down menu.

In the top navigation of Confluence Cloud, click on “Spaces” then “Create a new space” at the bottom of the drop down menu to give it a try.

create2.png

See this article for additional documentation on how to create a space.

If you’d like a refresher on how to get the most out of spaces, check out this article for a quick explainer on why and how to create spaces.

We hope you enjoy the new experience, and look out for more changes to come! We’re continuing to invest in spaces and can’t wait to share the next set of updates with you.

As always, please drop comments below!

5 comments

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2023

Looks awesome! Space creation needed refurbishing for a while now 😄
Great work!

Regarding the space administration, we're now just waiting for users to be able to change the space key 😉

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

This looks good.

Why aren't there more space icons offered out-of-the-box? The current ones have existed for ages.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

@DJ Chung the preview is a great feature for users that sometimes don't know what type of space they should be creating. Thanks for adding that.

I'm with @Dave Mathijs - there should be a larger gallery of space icons available. I find we are repeating some in our org and more variety would help distinguish spaces further.

Like # people like this
Jouber Urbaneja February 13, 2023

Think that the preview feature is super usefull 

Like # people like this
Jason M_ February 28, 2023

We're not seeing this experience yet, when is this supposed to be rolled out? 

Like Arto Kovalainen likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events