Embed Jira dashboards & gadgets in Confluence with Smart Links

Hello!

I’m Laura Mehrkens, a Product Manager focused on integrations between Confluence and Jira. On behalf of my team, I’m thrilled to announce a highly-requested feature that's now available to all users! Drumroll, please... 🥁 Introducing Smart Links for Jira dashboards!

jira dashboard community.png

What does this mean for you? Well, let's break it down. 🤓

Imagine no longer having to jump through hoops to share project progress or capture screenshots of your data in Jira, only to discover that they quickly become obsolete. With Smart Links, you can effortlessly embed Jira dashboards and gadgets right within your Confluence pages. 🌟

Here's why this matters:

1. Streamlined Collaboration: Say goodbye to tedious workarounds! Now, you can conveniently access and showcase project updates and key metrics in one tool. With Smart Links, your embedded dashboards remain interactive, so you can drill down into charts and graphs for deeper analysis and understanding of project data directly within Confluence.

2. Enhanced Visibility: Many times, we hear from our community that they have to report on project insights to stakeholders who aren't familiar with Jira. Using this integration, you can embed dashboards and gadgets into Confluence and add the context you need without requiring your stakeholders to dive into the technical details of Jira. With Confluence, you'll be able to present information in an easily digestible format and track comments and feedback, all in one place.

3. Efficiency Boost: Time is precious, and we're all about maximizing it. By bringing Jira and Confluence closer together, we're helping you work smarter, not harder. No more wasted minutes sharing out reports and status updates. Embedding Jira dashboards and gadgets into Confluence pages is as simple as copy + paste - letting you focus on what's most important: driving your projects forward.

So, whether you're a seasoned Jira expert, a Confluence pro, or a bit of both, this integration is will make your workflow smoother and your collaboration more impactful.

Ready to dive in? Here's how to get started:

full dashboard.gif

1. Pick your dashboard: Navigate to your Jira dashboard or create a new, custom dashboard. Choose the data you want to embed — you can embed the entire dashboard or an individual gadget. Simply click the copy button at the top right to copy the link.

2. Customize Your Pages: Navigate to your Confluence page and paste the link — it will automatically embed your dashboard or gadget.

3. Share and Collaborate: Spread the word! Share your Confluence page with your team and stakeholders. Collaboration has never been easier—or more effective.

We're committed to continuously improving your experience with our tools, and this integration is just the beginning. Stay tuned for more exciting updates on how Confluence and Jira are better together!

Have questions or feedback? We're all ears! Drop us a comment below, and let's keep the conversation going.

Happy integrating! 🚀

8 comments

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2024

@Laura Mehrkens, I’m so glad to see this finally happened! I’m really excited to see dashboards and widgets in Confluence!

So excited, I knew I had to sing it 😉 https://youtube.com/shorts/bKU21lxVecg?si=4o9hs2DaWx7tPgdT

Like # people like this
Laura Mehrkens
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2024

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ We are excited, too - and this made our day! Thank you for the delightful content! 🎶🎶🎶

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Sebastian Hernan Buzzurro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2024

Fantastic!! But what about users who only have access to Confluence? Can they see the Confluence dashboard with data from JS or JSM? Or do they also need a JS or JSM license? 

Like # people like this
Celeste van Niekerk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2024

Thank you for the great tips @lauraMehrkens. Will you be expanding this dashboard with more standard reports as you have in the Jira Reports menu ie velocity chart, burn down etc?

Pål Frogner Hansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 24, 2024

Fine, but you have introduced Team, but your most of your charts (like pie chart) cannot be used with Team. Please fix that, so that companies that have more than one team can actually use the dashboards.

Ryan Pluckrose June 25, 2024

Do you know if anything needs to be changed for this to work?

This only displays the link for me at the moment

Like Morgan Watts likes this
Morgan Watts June 25, 2024

@Ryan Pluckrose I have to click the "copy link" option sandwiched between the "star" and "add people" options in the top right of dashboards to embed them in a confluence page. 

If you only copy the URL from the browser, it'll only be a link on the confluence page itself.

Ryan Pluckrose June 26, 2024

@Morgan Watts Thanks but this is what I'm doing, I've included a short video below of what I'm seeing.

https://take.ms/orASJ

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events