cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Database Entries

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2023

With the recent change that I'm able to edit an Database entry macro in edit mode (only), the behavior is a bit inconsistent to me.

If I'm entering a page with a Database entry macro on it, I can now edit all the values of the Database macro. However, I still need to save my changes in that macro separately from the changes on the page.

Since I often only want to edit the values in the entry macro, I find myself going into the edit mode of the page, adjusting my values, saving the macro and closing (not publishing) the page again.

I know that Databases is in ALPHA, so that behavior is fine for me for now. Could you please share what your plan is how this should behave eventually when it's generally available?

1 comment

Comment

Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2023

Hey Matthias, we actually made changes so you can edit databases in edit and view mode of a page. Hopefully this fixes the inconvenience you're facing.

In addition, we're working on an autosave functionality that will be coming in Beta!

Like # people like this
MF August 24, 2023

Fantastic - thanks for bringing back the edit of data in view mode!

Like Divya Sriram likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events