View "Most Popular Pages" from space analytics report on my space overview page

Mallory Reese March 5, 2022

I would like to make the "Most Popular" pages report from my space analytics viewable directly on my space overview page. Users can use this to identify what pages are the most used/most visited. 

Is it not possible to do this natively in confluence? I'm not a Confluence Admin so likely wouldn't be able to use any add-ons.

4 answers

2 votes
Erinea Ravasio February 13, 2023

@Srinatha T I cannot access the links...they display

Looks like we’re off the beaten track

They say that all roads, lead to Rome.

But we’ve lost our way, so let’s try going home.

Head to our documentation homepage that does exist.

Could you share new links?

2 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2022

Hi @Mallory Reese ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Yes, we have some built in options which you can use actually. We have something called as Global activity which actually helps. You can go through the below web page for more info.

Both the URL's above has very good info. I hope the above information helps.

Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Mallory Reese March 7, 2022

@Srinatha T I'm familiar with both of those articles --> I know how to view those within the "analytics" dashboard.

What I would like to be able to do is insert data from the "analytics" sections directly on a confluence page (i.e. to auto-populate the "Most viewed pages" section on my spaces overview page).

Like # people like this
1 vote
Greg LaViolette February 21, 2023

I can't believe there isn't a solution to this feature that existed on-premise.

One of those broken links above wasn't for cloud, but I found it on archive.org.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210617010011/https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/viewing-site-statistics-123043962.html

It states that the feature is process intensive. I have to wonder if they're disabling this type of functionality in cloud on purpose for similar reasons.

0 votes
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2023

Hello @Mallory Reese , @Greg LaViolette and @Erinea Ravasio

If you don't mind using a 3rd party app, the Viewtracker app for Cloud offers the "Popular Content" macro.

Best regards,
Mattia

Greg LaViolette February 22, 2023

@Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_

Thanks for the reply. I of course slightly mind paying for a feature we used to have, but honestly the pricing seems reasonable and has more functionality that what I had with on-premise.

I will say that I searched for "popular content" in the app store first and your app didn't appear in the list. So possibly some adjustments to keywording for your app in the Marketplace.

Thanks again,

Greg LaViolette

Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2023

Thank you @Greg LaViolette for your hint regarding the Marketplace search. Unfortunately, the Marketplace is quite limited in the amount of text that can be indexed and found in the search. We, therefore, have to make compromises.
But we will certainly see if we can optimize things on our side.

Best regards,

Mattia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events