Migrating to Cloud: Users issue

George I. Develekos June 17, 2021

I have a 10-user Standard Server license, and I'm planning to migrate to Cloud. I want to start with a test migration to the free tier (10 users max).

While my enabled users are now 10, there are another 24 disabled users, for a total of 34 users.

Can I still fit into the Free Cloud Tier, given that only 10 users are enabled and (will) have access to the content?

Thanks,

George

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hello George,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

On Cloud, users are counted as licensed when being part of default groups. 

With this said, when migrating from Server or from another Cloud site, it’s possible to migrate, for example, 100 users, but only 10 of them can be part of the group that will count towards a license (usually is confluence-users).

Frequently are the cases where the migration fails when migrating the users due to that, so before creating a backup, it's necessary to remove the users from all groups or deactivate them.  

In your use case, since there are 10 active users, it shouldn’t be a problem to migrate since it’s the limit of users for Confluence free. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events