Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for confluence to convert the html code to plain text when it comes from other tools

Venkatesh May 27, 2020

Hi All,

From servicenow i am copying the content(particular field) of the record (which in html format) and sending it to confluence to create a new page under space and paste the content here 

Things are working fine other than the content format, for example

how can i handle this can anyone helpme out on this please

The below content is copied to confluence page from servicenow 

<h4>NOTE:</h4> <p>If you select <strong>My Contacts only</strong> in step 6, replies will be sent <strong>only</strong> to contacts that exist in your Contacts folder.<br /><br /></p> <h3>Using Rules With Automatic Replies</h3> <p>It is also possible to use rules to manage your messages while you are out of office. For example, you can create rules to automatically move or copy messages to other folders, to delete messages, to send custom replies, and so on.</p> <ol style="list-style-position: inside;"><li>

2 answers

0 votes
Gavin McDonald May 30, 2020

I'm not sure about that one, I use the  Source Editor frequently and so that is my recommendation 

0 votes
Gavin McDonald May 28, 2020

Hi, one solution could be to use the Source Editor [1].

The source editor is available on 'existing' pages, so create a blank page, give it a title and save it. Then open it back up for editing, top right of the page will be the source symbols <> , click that, then paste in your html there. Save the page. Result is formatted page without the visible HTML tags.

HTH

Gav ...

[1] - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210722/confluence-source-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview 

Venkatesh May 30, 2020

Hi i tried with HTML Macro, can you tell me the backend Name of the below field(insert text), so that i can push my html code inside this field from different tool

Capture.PNG

tova rose February 15, 2021

Thank you, It's helped me. I used Easy HTML macro and paste my html code In the Insert text window.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events