Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the "space tools" menu from anonymous users in "confluence cloud"?

Wendy Podgursky January 5, 2017

Hi there,

How can I hide the "space tools" menu from anonymous users in our implementation of Confluence Cloud?

I've found some content on doing this for Confluence Server implementations, but nothing helpful for cloud.

Help!

Thanks.

WendyP

wendyp@stytch.com

2 answers

1 vote
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

Hi Wendy,

I haven't worked out how to hide the "Space tools" menu only for anonymous users, but I have a workaround to hide it for all users.

In your space, go to "Space tools" > "Look and Feel" > "Sidebar, header and footer", put the following in the Sidebar box and save:

{style}div.space-tools-section{display: none}{style}

After doing this, you can get back to the "Space tools" menu by manually entering the URL in your browser (replacing URL with your Cloud address and SPACEKEY with your space key):

https://URL.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/viewspacesummary.action?key=SPACEKEY

Not exactly what you want, but I hope this is close enough to help you a bit.

Sam

Sagar Dubewar August 28, 2017

Hello Sam,

Was trying this solution for one of my customer facing documentation space. I could not get the Sidebar section under the specified location mentioned in the solution above. 

Please refer to the screenshot attached for more clearification.

Thanks,ConfCloud.png

Petro Romanchuk August 16, 2018

Hello @Sam Hall,

I use Confluence Cloud and have the same issue as described by @Sagar Dubewar. Could you please explain me how did your resolve it?

0 votes
K_ Yamamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Since SPA is enabled, the workaround introduced here is no longer available. Please vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-57870 if you want an option to hide sidebar from anonymous users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events