How to create a page from a template into a particular child structure

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Dear all,

We have created a page template with some default label.

The page can be store in different parent structure depending on the case.

Actually when using the template, the page gets created at the root parent, then user need to move it then to proper child structure

Question :
Is there a way at the use of the template to specify where the page will be store by selecting the Parent space ?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi @serge calderara 

Possibly it is enough that you position yourself on the page or the section of your structure where you want to include the new page and once there, you create the page with the template.

If it is not this doubt, comment and try to help you more

Cheers

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2021

Dear @Vero Rivas ,

In fact my confluence KB is organize in Parent like :

How to Article
Troubleshooting
Incident

At the root of each I have a small description and a button shortcut to create directly the proper template

RHzJCP6sJc.png

But then in Incident Parent page I have an organization of pages by product.
Then that would mean I need to add this Create short cut button at the root of each parent, which is a possible solution but no so logical as if I need to add 15 new product I have to repeat that button in same way

Any other solution would be great but I doubt there are as could not find it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events