Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a custom space template from an existing project

Ruzhica Dragomirovska Arsoska July 26, 2021

Hi,

I already have a space with all necessary pages inside, tree of pages with initial content was created according to our company needs.

So, I need that space to make it to be a space template i.e. if someone creates a space to be able to chose it from templates in order to avoid manual creation of pages over and over again across the projects.

Any idea how I could do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Ruzhica Dragomirovska Arsoska,

Use this tutorial to create a Template for one specific space - Create a template, for create a Global template please use this manual - Create a global template

Pavel 

HI @Pavel Junek

I found this and read it, but as I can understand this is for page templates, not for manual space templates. 
I would like to create a space templates with relative structure of pages and sub-pages containing the necessary data within.

However I would like to have the whole project somewhere kept to re-use on each new space creation. for ex. like create a space by using the already exiting templates as "Knowledge base" template.

My apologies in advance if I misunderstood something. 

Regards,

Ruzhica

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi Ruzhica,

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your need.

Probably the only way to do this is to have "Space ready as a template" and always use the addon Copy Space for Confluence to copy it.

Unfortunately, it looks like there will be no free addons for this.

Pavel

Thanks @Pavel Junek

I already try it and works fine.

But from curiosity, doesn't has some way to create a space template on my own, like the knowledge base and to re-use it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ruzhica

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2021

Hi,

One option is there, but it is quite time consuming:

• You will create a new space
  • In Space Template, left-click on Overview, then right-click on ... -> Copy -> Include X child pages
  • Then you just have to manually move the page order as you need

Pavel

Ruzhica Dragomirovska Arsoska July 27, 2021

Thanks Pavel. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS