How to add notes, info, tips, warnings?

Chad Faragher February 6, 2020

In Confluence Cloud, how do I insert a Note, Info, Tip, or Warning?  It says that these things can be done with a "legacy editor".  That sounds like something that is old or deprecated and I shouldn't be using.  So what's the new way to add a Note to a confluence page?

Refer to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/info-tip-note-and-warning-macros-724765216.html

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi @Chad Faragher 

Very simple. Watch this. 

How to add a note panel.gif

-Mike

Thanks!  That was surprising.

I wonder why does it not appear when I go to Insert > View More > All.  That's what's throwing me off.  Note does not appear in the list of all macros.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

It use to be called Info and was on the menu above View More.

In fact it is still there. (see image).

On the legacy pages one can use the shortcut {info}. The new editor is better in that sense with the shortcut key '/'. 

On a side note you can also type the following to bring up the exact box quicker.

• /error  
  • /info
  • /warning
  • /success
  • /note

Info Panel.png

-Mike

Like Sedera Randria likes this

Perfect.  Thanks for the help.  Still not sure why "Info Panel" doesn't show up in the "view more > all" though.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2020

Info exists on the legacy Macros - View More, but maybe Atlassian think everything is easier via a shortcut key. The View more menu does seem a little old school.

If they could share a shortcut menu that would be useful. 

Old versus New.png

Mike.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events